Prenatal Yoga is a specialised field of yoga, and a very special practice for mum and baby to bond.
Every Sunday 10.30-11.30 (except for Public holiday weekends). Preregistration for first class is required.
Try our class with the PRENATAL INTRODUCTORY SPECIAL $29 for 2 classes over 3 weeks. Please note we have a detailed form we need you to complete at your first class and ask you arrive 15 min before class to complete it.
Then continue your practice with the PRENATAL YOGA PASS 3 classes over 2 months for $60.
Principles of prenatal vinyasa yoga:
- Linking breath & movement. The movement of the body and the breath are one, connected, continuously flowing and synchronized. Bringing this experience of connectedness to pregnant women in a physical, tangible way is the intention of Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga
- Create space for the baby as we move through the asana practice allowing mom and baby to move in a comfortable and synchronized way. Utilizing movement, breath and gravity to create space encourages not only balance and comfort for the mother, but also optimal foetal positioning of the baby
- Relaxation is a skill that needs to be developed, practiced and honed in order to be effective during pregnancy and the intensity of childbirth. It allows us to be present, focused and calm, all of which are important for pregnant women when the mind is constantly focused on the unknown of childbirth and motherhood.
- Every body is different. Pregnancy is a great time for a woman to reconnect with her body, to get in touch with what feels good for her and what doesn’t, whether it be food, exercise or any activity that she participates in, learning to do it mindfully and pay attention is so important during this transformational time.
- Whilst safety in pregnancy and childbirth comes from women listening to their own bodies it’s also important to stay up to date on the latest research. Weighing risks and benefits and gathering research from reliable sources is a key component in this method.
- Empowerment for women who are inherently strong and powerful. Pregnancy and childbirth are some of the best times to tap into this strength. When women discover and harness their own potential they move into motherhood with confidence, strength and feminine power.
- Surrender is the culmination of all the principles. It allows the release of fear and expectations and encourages trust in a strong yet flexible foundation.
Why do we want you to come to a special prenatal class and not just come to any class:
- Your body is changing and whilst general yoga is glorious many poses are not recommended during pregnancy and you end up doing something very different to everyone else in the class.
- We believe prenatal requires specialist training, not all our teachers have chosen to specialise in prenatal yoga.
- We believe in keeping you and baby safe and can best manage this in a prenatal yoga class.
FAQS AND HEALTH AND SAFETY
We have a seperate detailed FAQ and Health and safety document we ask you to read before you come to class. Please email us when you sing up firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send it to you.
Our prenatal teacher is Natasha Krupka a long time yoga teacher at Grassroots who has completed specialised training with a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher and Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga Instructor certification course, which has enriched her yoga-teaching repertoire with beautiful and fulfilling Prenatal and Postnatal Vinyasa Yoga. Natasha has recently become a mumma in 2020 and brings her own insight, wisdom and experience to her classes. (On the very rare occasion that Natasha is taking a day off we will substitute with specialist prenatal trained teacher or we will cancel the class).