Grassroots Yoga Events
- This event has passed.
Mums and Bubs Yoga – 4 Week Course
7 July @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm$135
Who this course is for
- This course is designed for mothers with babies from 8 weeks old to crawling.
- No Yoga experience is needed. It is appropriate for all levels of Yoga practice and is a perfect way to begin a Yoga practice or reconnect with existing one.
- We do not require a written note from your midwife or doctor, but we ask you to inform your health care provider and get Ok to practice Yoga before taking this course.
About our mums and bubs yoga course
This offering will include four sessions and each class will consist of two parts: one hour of Yoga for mums and bubs and 30 minutes afterwards for new mums to connect and chat with a cuppa. Tea, fruits and healthy snacks are provided.
This course is designed as a cohesive program to reconnect with pelvic floor and core, stretch tight muscles from holding, caring and feeding babies, build some strength, relax and restore new mums plus use music and rhythm, play and touch to connect with babies.
Focused on recovery and restoration while bonding with your new child in a fun way using modified low-intensity Yoga practice, these classes will provide balance between building strength and releasing tension through movement, breathing and relaxation techniques, addressing common postnatal changes in your body.
Important course info
- Mats and props for mums are provided, please bring a baby-blanket and a small bag with the necessities for your baby.
- You are free to move around, breastfeed, feed and change your baby, you are always welcome to stop and rock and cuddle your little one whenever you need to.
- Please leave strollers at the reception area.
- We kindly ask that older siblings are not brought to the class as we do not have adequate space/resources for supervision.
- You will need to be as mindful of your body postpartum as you were during pregnancy. There is no rush getting back to your pre-pregnancy body. It is important to focus on how you feel and letting your body heal.
- If you or your baby are not feeling well, kindly stay home.
About the teacher
Nataliia has been teaching Yoga for 10+ years. She is registered with Yoga NZ as Level 3 which is equivalent qualification of Yoga Alliance 500 ERYT. She has completed the Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher and Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga Instructor certification course Yoga Alliance 100 PRYT, Postnatal and Mums and Bubs Yoga Teacher Training, and Women Wellness Program ‘Pelvic Floor for Yoga Teachers’. She has run the Women Health Programme at Grassroots since 2020, guiding women on their journey of pregnancy, labour and birth.